Easyvpn.biz ("our Site") and the services available through it are operated by EasyVPN Limited (referred to as "we", "us" and "our"). We are a limited company registered in the BVI.
2. Information we may collect from you, why we need it and how we use it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- What data we collect: When you register we will collect your username, email address, password (encrypted) and IP address.
- Why we need this data: We will need your username and password in order to provide you with access to the web based control panel and to our downloadable VPN software. We will need your email address in case you forget your password or wish to receive email newsletters. Your IP address is logged by us so that we can prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our Site and our services. If you do not use any of our services, we shall store this data for up to two years.. If you continue to use one of our services, we will store your registration data for as long as you are using one of our services or have an active account, and for up to two years after that. We may keep your registration data for an extended period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- How we use this data: we use this data to provide our services to you, prevention of fraud and abuse. From time to time we may email you news, updates and sales offers which you can easily opt out of receiving by clicking the "unsubscribe" in the relevant email.
When you contact us:
If you contact us through our website for any reason (e.g. by email or LiveChat) we will generally store these communications for up to 6 months, unless we are required, for legal reasons or under exceptional circumstances, to retain this information for an extended period. Where you contact our staff members outside of our helpdesk (e.g. using their individual corporate email addresses), we may store your communication for as long as necessary to provide you services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- If you opt to pay for use of our services, we will use a third party payment processor to take payment from you. These third parties are properly regulated and authorized to handle your payment information and are prohibited from using your personal information for promotional purposes or for any other purposes other than providing these services to us.
- What data we collect: We collect payment information, which will vary depending on the payment method chosen by you, but may include your name, address and credit card information. We never handle or store complete credit card numbers, as this is done on our behalf by our payment processors.
- Why we need this data: We store this information as we require a record of your payment for accounting purposes and to manage your account. We may also use your payment information to detect and prevent fraud. If you continue to use one of our services, we will store your payment data for as long as you are using one of our services or have an active account, and for up to two years after that. We may keep your payment data for an extended period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- What data we collect: We will store a time stamp and IP address when you connect and disconnect to our VPN service, the amount data transmitted (up- and download) during your session together with the IP address of the individual VPN server used by you. We do not store details of, or monitor, the websites you connect to when using our VPN service.
- Why we need this data: We do this so that we can monitor the performance of our Site, for example it enables us to sort server nodes by the number of users connected, to limit your account to one concurrent IP address per VPN connection (to prevent shared accounts), resource analytics (to carry out usage analysis for administrative purposes) and to prevent abuse and fraud. This data is stored on our system for between 2 and 3 months unless we are required, for legal reasons or under exceptional circumstances (including our own investigations of fraud or abuse), to retain this data for an extended period.
Anonymous email service:
What data we collect: We store the date and time of registration for the anonymous email service, your IP address, password, your actual email address (if you choose to supply it), and of course the actual emails themselves. You can delete your account and emails at any time but your registration details are stored for no more than 2 years following the deletion of your account to be used as an identifier in case of any potential legal issues.
Why we need this data: We need this data so that you can receive emails (although please note that you can't send emails). You can use this anonymous email service as a temporary email inbox for when websites you do not necessarily trust that require an email address.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
4. Where we store your personal data
- When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
5. Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or our safety, our users, or others.
If we receive a report from any person or organization (including law enforcement) that leads us to suspect that your account has been used in connection with any wrong-doing, we may at our discretion suspend your account, but we will not disclose any personal information that may identify you unless we are legally compelled to do so.
6. Links to 3rd Party Sites
7. Social Media Widgets
8. Changes to This Policy
Updated: January 2015